BAS LIGHT 1999 E240

My BAS light on my dash. Last week I had my brake switch replaced ? Whats going on. The dealer said the switch reads faulty on the computer and replaced it. Still reads fault after a new one when in. Now the BAS lights on after a week of driving about. ( 1999 e240 )

Reply to
ory

I had a similar problem. I have all maintenance done by my local non-MB garage now who seem to have much better diagnostic skills than the MB policy of replacing anything that may or may not be to blame. They sprayed contact cleaner on the brake switch and exercised it by hand. That cured the problem.

E320 CDI (210 yr2000)

Reply to
Nihil