Batteries: How maintenance free is "Maintenance Free"?

I bought a DieHard International "Maintenance Free" battery and would like to know if I can just forget it for the next four years or so or if it must be checked and topped up with H2O from time to time.

It's not a sealed battery, its caps (in a strip of three) can be pried off with a screw driver and pressed back on, but that arrangement doesn't seem like it's designed to be done with any frequency.

Sears web site doesn't discuss a "Maintenance Free" battery's on-going maintenance. This battery has a 36 full warranty and 100 month prorated warranty.

So what do you know?

Tom

Reply to
-->> T.G. Lambach