Battery change in 2008 ML350

I need to replace the OEM battery in the ML350. I don't want to loose the settings when I disconnect the battery so I was thinking that I would connect another battery to the engine compartment jumper
connections before disconnecting the battery under the passenger seat. I can't see any downside. Is there any cautions I should take? Thanks for your help.
On 12/1/2012 7:40 AM, jb wrote:

I made the battery swap with this technique and it worked well. No loss.
Thanks for reporting back. I also would have thought it should work, which it obviously did.
DAS
--
To reply directly replace 'nospam' with 'schmetterling'

I did the same on my SL and it worked

I did the same on my SL and it worked fine but I found a gadget that has a 9 volt battery and does the same when you connect it on the cigaret lighter