battery drain

Have a recent problem with W126 .. battery seemed weak ( 5 yr old ) so replaced with new. Car sat for 4 days without being driven and get in it to start... dead as a duck. Same thing has happened three times now.. if car sits for longer than a day. I removed the positive cable and the auxilliary attachment cable, main cable showed no pull or arching, but the auxilliary cable arched severely... though maybe a relay was stuck, so continued to arc probably 10-15 times. Finally the arc became just a small spark. I figure that which ever relay was the problem had now reset???? What relays and locations should I check?

Thanks for any advice.

Best regards, snipped-for-privacy@booomail.com snipped-for-privacy@bankarea.com

monty.scaman

D Drake

Some possibilities:

Window switches get dirt in them and stick. Radio Antenna motor - can be unplugged to test. Trunk light may stay ON, can feel the heat from the outside.

Pinched wire somewhere, particularly if car was wrecked. Defective wiring harness on engine.

Remove one fuse at a time and bridge its gap with a test lamp. A complete circuit (something ON) will illuminate it, otherwise dark.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach