Battery Life

In 1999 Mercedes replaced the battery in my 1997 E320. How much longer can I expect it to to last?
TIA, EJ in NJ

Whoa... you got 7 years out of it?! If so, you might get 2 more years... then again, you might only get 2 months when all sorts of errors starts popping up.
zero time, its overdue for replacement.
Take A Guess wrote:

I agree. At 7 years, I'd just do it as preventative maintenance. Usually batteries give some indication of failure, where you can still start the car, but realize it's not turning over right. But then, I've also seen them go with no warning at all. Particularly if it gets very cold out. And give the small cost of a battery compared with the cost of a service call or tow plus a new battery, it's obvious what to do.

Five years (with no deep discharge) and you are doing good. Battery replacement is cheap insurance.
gamini