Becker 4602 for a W140

Threaded View
Hi
where can i buy it?
seek on Ebay but found nothing
ive read this model is plug and play on my car
im really bored with original Becker radio
other model that can fit?
thanks

Re: Becker 4602 for a W140

24 years ago when I was buying my 24D and I
checked into the Becker radio that normally came
with the car. I found that, in general, it was of
mediocre quality. I decided not to order one with
the car and, instead, I later ordered a Clarion
brand, based on a Consumer Reports rating. I
fitted it myself, and never regretted it.
It's the best car radio I have ever heard. Not
only that, it was little more than half the price
of the Becker and it's still running as good as ever.

If you just want to make your car look more
original, that's ok. If you want quality I
suggest you go elsewhere.

I just did a search for you in Germany and here is
what I found:

http://search.ebay.de/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=Becker+radio&category0 =

There are Becker Europas there but no 4602.

Good luck!

Re: Becker 4602 for a W140

Thanks for for your Help
do you know wich other model can fit plug and play?
im looking for that kind of model, no matter the brand,
just need quality and CD player.
Becker CRD210???  porsche radio model
wich model of Clarion do you use?
best regards

Re: Becker 4602 for a W140

Your'e very welcome to the help.

The Clarion is a 6900 RT and it has a tape unit
built in, which would be
very old fashioned these days. You can still buy
them but there are now
CD,  DVD players, etc and lots more.

I bought mine by mail order from an outfit in LA
but that was 24 years ago.

If you go to:
http://www.clarion.com/jsp/search/AdvancedSearch.do?country=us&language=en
you can pick the type of radio you want.

Either call them and ask about compaibiliity with
your car, or look up the specs,  dimensions, etc
for the radio.

As an example, I picked a CD player and the URL:

http://www.clarion.com/jsp/search/AdvancedSearch.do

shows lots of radios

Try to pick one that you like best and then do
some shopping on line to get the best prices.

Good luck!

Re: Becker 4602 for a W140

finally i decide to buy a wire harness that allows put any radio
on my car.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3D370060092279 =
&ssPageName=3DMERC_VIC_RSCC_Pr4_PcY_BIN_Stores_IT&refitem=3D370059134914&ite=
mcount=3D4&refwidgetloc=3Dclosed_view_item&usedrule1=3DStoreCatToStoreCat&us=
edrule2=3DCrossSell_LogicX&refwidgettype=3Dcross_promot_widget&_trksid=3Dp28=
4.m183&_trkparms=3Dalgo%3DDR%26its%3DS%252BI%252BSS%26itu%3DISS%252BUCI%252B=
SI%26otn%3D2

its not cheap, but now i can plug and play any good radio CD for about
US$200-250, by myself
i dont trust on my country "experts"

Site Timeline