Becker Radios

Im replacing mine with an Alpine stereo and was wondering if there was any market for these??...i own an 84 300SD

Oh yeah,there are a lot of MB owners that swear by these almost at a cult level! Put it on ebay and don't forget to include the amp if equipped.
I once said on another forum that they make great wheel chocks and what a terrible uproar that remark generated!
"" wrote: > Oh yeah,there are a lot of MB owners that swear by these > almost at a > cult level! Put it on ebay and don't forget to include the amp > if > equipped. > > I once said on another forum that they make great > wheel chocks and what a terrible uproar that remark generated!
Cool cool, do you know how much they go for...or around how much mine should start bidding?...an how do i know if there is a factory amplifier?
ones from the 70s in good working & physical condition, sell for $100US or more. Much less for the 80's models.
| "" wrote: | > Oh yeah,there are a lot of MB owners that swear by these | > almost at a | > cult level! Put it on ebay and don't forget to include the amp | > if | > equipped. | > | > I once said on another forum that they make great | > wheel chocks and what a terrible uproar that remark generated! | | Cool cool, do you know how much they go for...or around how much mine | should start bidding?...an how do i know if there is a factory | amplifier? | | -- | Posted using the http://www.autoforumz.com interface, at author's request | Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet standards | Topic URL: http://www.autoforumz.com/Mercedes-Benz-Becker-Radios-ftopict126581.html | Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?pa7957
I'm not even sure on your model but in older ones they are mounted on top of the unit itself,the Europa or Mexico I'm not certain 100%
marcopolobenz wrote:

No. There is no market. Any current, aftermarket cd head unit will smoke any "vintage" Becker. It is noteworthy to discrete wire new aftermarket, 4 ohm , coaxial speakers. Do not us the wires coming off the mechanical, dirt-collecting console fader. Your Alpine has an electronic fader built into it.

OOOOOOOO,your in trouble now!