benz 260E engine over-heating problem

Can someone help me find a solusion to my benz car problem.my benz 300E over-heat inspite of the fact that the car A/C fan runs constantly and the engine magnetic fan has been bolted to the engine so it runs at the
car speed. I have also replaced the thermostat with a 78 degree thermostat.
Is it actually boiling over and blowing past the cap?
Or is the temp too high??

Karl wrote:

Or is it only gauge out of order?
If I remember right, M103 engine has had thermometer problems.
Reg: Harri
The cause could be (in order of cost to repair):
Kinked radiator hose, unlikely given the previous attention to the problem.
Defective temperature sensor or dash board gauge. Can be checked against thermometer taped to upper hose.
Plugged radiator. If, despite the fans running constantly, the engine runs hot both in slow driving and at speed (90 km/hr) the radiator is plugged up (inside and out) and ought to be professionally cleaned by a radiator shop or replaced (especially if it has plastic tanks).
Blown cylinderhead gasket, unlikely unless there are other symptoms like rough running, oil use, oil in coolant / coolant in oil.
The engine in question gets hot to the point that I have had two radiator side-plastic covers blown off.Maybe if I know the working temperature of a 300E engine it will help me to pick the right thermostat rating.
Thermostat is probably 80 degrees C.
Does the motor run smoothly? Start easily? Any oil in the coolant? Any coolant in the oil?
Has anyone checked the ignition timing? - too far advanced will heat the engine -
the car is automatic I have never had the ignition set before. I have also disconnected the hose that goes from the radiator to the blower heat exchanger because I assume i will not need it as i live in the tropic.