BenzWorld

Don't know if I'll offend anyone, and don't mean to, but I gotta say that with a few exceptions, I've gotten more good info in this group in two days than I've gotten in the Benzworld forums in a month.

Reply to
Absolutely

Benzworld is not great... good site though... but not enough good tech over there... this newsgroups used to be so awesome... you can find all the answers to common problems on archives... search using Google newsgroup section... its totally free.

Reply to
Tiger

I started out thinking Benzworld was ok, but the more I look there the more it seems the majority of members are more into "pimping" their ride than really having interest in their cars from a 'pure' automotive standpoint. Such a shame people can't enjoy and appreciate something for what it was intended to be. I personally like the original look of the older Benz... don't need to swap out the wheels for 100" wheels with low profile tires, or figure out a way to put 10,000,000 candle power on the front end. I'm happy with the original stuff that has been restored or fixed, and when people check out the car in appreciation of it being an old Benz that has some real character. Would a decent human being take a Model A Ford and figure out a way to put spinner wheel covers on it??? Well, some might, but they aren't true enthusiasts.

Don't take this to mean that one can't make improvements, or shouldn't. But when it steers away from the original intention of the designer(s),the purity of the 'breed' is lost.

Give me the original car with all it's quirks and faults. This is what gives any old car its charm!

Reply to
Absolutely

It is a free world, you can choose what you like. No gun pointing. Enjoy the internet :) Benzworld is for someone who really want aftermarket stuffs and to "upgrade" or modify their cool MB.

I find most of the people here want to keep their merc going and keep their car like new (still struggling to make it perfect).

hope you re not offended.

Keith E14 4NS London

"Absolutely" news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com ...

Reply to