Best Mercedes mechanic in Dallas-Ft Worth

Does anyone recommend a top quality mechanic in the Dallas-Ft Worth area who is honest as far as what he charges? I don't mind paying 75% of dealer charges if the work done is first rate and they don't destroy your car
trying to fix it.
I notice that people in general like to ask for the "perfect mechanic" or the "perfect autobody shop", but nobody seem to be recommending them as they come across one... I call those people selfish.
--
R Green

"sl3204me" < snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

Either that or the people who are asking are just unrealistic...
Marty
sl3204me wrote:

75%
I was thinking the same but for a different location. Any of the above in Llanfuangel-y-Creuddin or Upper Cwmtwrch?
Huw
When I lived there, I used Schuman's automotive. The number was 817-595-2111. The owner's a little odd, but he seems to find and hire top-notch mechanics. This is a little dated, since I left Dallas in 1996.
On Tue, 05 Oct 2004 02:49:12 -0400, "sl3204me"

If you have an older car you may be in trouble, I have yet to find somebody qualified (or willing) to work on my 6.3 in Dallas. I have it in Houston at my old mechanic since he is honest, is good and I trust him.

Fred Emmerich
I had been overcharged, because of misdiagnosed on my mercedes by several mechanics here in the Metroplex. However, I have found a mechanic who I considered to be honest and very skilled and knowlegeable.Duran European Motors, call Jose at 469-222-1779.
If you want a good honest Mechanic in Dallas FT-Worth, try European Performance. David Poole is the owner and is a friendly Aussie gentleman who is always willing to offer good advice and quality work. He has been working Mercedes Benz cars for more then 20 years. He took care of my 73 280SEL when no one could fix the problem.
His website is http://www.european-performance.com
As a followup to my question I have found a few top notch facilities over the past year.911 Enterprises(Randy),Loudens Autohaus,Ewing Autohaus,Autoscope,Lazlo's,Dallas Autosports,and Dalas Roadster.All were very helpful and knowledgeable about Mercedes.The problem is that they are specialized and therefore can charge almost as much as dealer labor rates.Since Ewing Autohaus stands behind their work,I tend to keep going back to them for any work.I will continue updates as I find new places.