best pads for stock rotors?

Hello, My 1985 380SE needs pads, so I'm wondering what pad wont eat up my rotors, but has less brake fade and better grab than the stock rotors? I could not care less about dust. Thanks, Richard

Reply to
marlinspike

There are any number of brake pads that fit the bill, including ATE, Textar, Jurid, and Pagid.

Ron

German Star

Reply to
marlinspike

I use pagid pads on my stock vehicles and I love them. They have great stopping power!!!

If your looking for something more, check out Porterfield Pads. Those are racing pads that won't eat your rotors and stop really well.

George Carstens

Reply to
George Carstens

where do you find these?

Reply to
JohnDoe

Reply to
marlinspike

Hey all,

Reply to
dsrg

Just got some Axxis pad, I love them, low dust, no noise, good braking and cheap. I'll look for the web site i bought them from.

SW

Reply to
Steve

Reply to
marlinspike

I've heard the best outside of Porterfield racing pads (mucho denero) were Textar Yellow-Box pads, which are euro OE. Ordered up a full set with the squeal paste and wear sensor (one of which I promptly broke) for $80 at

and had them on my door within a few days. I installedthem and broke them in, but have not had a chance to really give them a testto see how well they hold up to fading and the such. My rear tires need tobe replaced before then ;) I've heard nothing but good things about the Textar yellow boxes, and I seem to like them.

Good luck! Mike

Reply to
Mike "Rotor" Nowak