best pads for stock rotors?

Hello, My 1985 380SE needs pads, so I'm wondering what pad wont eat up my rotors, but has less brake fade and better grab than the stock rotors? I
could not care less about dust. Thanks, Richard
There are any number of brake pads that fit the bill, including ATE, Textar, Jurid, and Pagid.
Ron http://germanstar.net
But which stop the best? Which can take repeated, hard stopping? Thanks, Richard

I use pagid pads on my stock vehicles and I love them. They have great stopping power!!!
If your looking for something more, check out Porterfield Pads. Those are racing pads that won't eat your rotors and stop really well.
George Carstens

On Wed, 2 Jul 2003 14:39:41 -0400, "George Carstens"

Isn't Pagid pretty darn similar to stock pads? I find the stock pads to be very lacking. I was thinking along the lines of EBC Green stuff or metal masters. Anybody have any experience with these? I'll check out porterfield, but for some reason I think they dont make them for my car.

Hey all,
I just purchased a '94 E420 and found this WEB site and thought you may find what your looking for here. I haven't ordered anything from them but it looks like a great site for parts like the brakes. http://www.thebenzbin.com /
Ashley Holgate

On Tue, 1 Jul 2003 18:51:34 -0400, "marlinspike"

Just got some Axxis pad, I love them, low dust, no noise, good braking and cheap. I'll look for the web site i bought them from.
SW
Axxis and PBR are the same. Do you know if you got the Deluxe or the Metal Master? As far as where to buy, www.buymbparts.com seems to have the best prices. Richard

I've heard the best outside of Porterfield racing pads (mucho denero) were Textar Yellow-Box pads, which are euro OE. Ordered up a full set with the squeal paste and wear sensor (one of which I promptly broke) for $80 at http://epsparts.com/ and had them on my door within a few days. I installed them and broke them in, but have not had a chance to really give them a test to see how well they hold up to fading and the such. My rear tires need to be replaced before then ;)
I've heard nothing but good things about the Textar yellow boxes, and I seem to like them.
Good luck! Mike