Big Sur Survived tha boyz

But them boyz was a bit peeved! Nepenthe haz done done went ta tha dogz! Went in fer tha chicken dinner an them was all out of chicken!!!!!! Had to eat duck. And they got it all loused up time wise so it took us over 2 hours to get fed!!!!! Of course we were sitting on the sunset side of the poarch, so we did barely survive .... Ventanna is as allways incredible. Stopped in to git a tour of them ole post hole ranch diggers cross the street and they wouldn't let us in!!!! So still haven't seen that place - doubt that it is any good anyway because it is so much lower down the hill than Ventanna. Summer fog probably keeps is fogged in most of the day I'll bet.

Saucy Little Town across from Sam Fran's Disco has gotten even more efficient at separating tourists from their dirty ole money. Pizza was $5 per slice and I figured that after spending more per hour than most of them ole Sauconians make per week, they could at least give out free parking. So next time, no Saucey rings an things! The headlands up hill from Saucyville are still there. Still incredible. Even fuller of dad-ratted-tourists, but fortunately we wuzn't tourists. No sir - we wuz inspektors! Hmm ... whut did we inspeck?

mcbrue restedly in the trailer down by the river under the long high bridge

96 S420
Reply to
MCBRUE

marlinspike

Reply to
john macpherson

It's the language as she is spoke west of the Pond in a trailer down by the river and sometimes under a long golden bridge...

DAS

--

Reply to
Dori Schmetterling

I do believe those are fighting words :-) I think you would be correct to say it's a crime what those Americans have done to their fine language starting in the 1960's. Richard

Reply to
marlinspike

Subject: Re: Big Sur Survived tha boyz From: "marlinspike" snipped-for-privacy@erols.nospam.com Date: 8/7/2003 10:50 PM Eastern Standard Time Message-id:

Will you just speak english! I want to read this but its too damn annoying. Richard

I'm waiting for the day that bridge collapses on that idiot....

Reply to
Tonyny44

"Will you just speak english!"

Oh just go park your car in your "Gay-Rodge" (as my father in Edinburgh says with that affected British lilt).

Peter Macintosh Cowper (1987 300E) . . living in California since 1949 and speaks like the "bubbas."

Reply to
Pete Cowper

Lived in SFO in mid 70s and made it a point to get to Big Sur about once a month. Have lived in Seattle for the last 25 years and have made 5 trips down the Oregon and California coasts in the last 4 years. The bottom third of Oregon is very much like the Big Sur area but does not have the same feeling.

A couple of years ago, I went to Nepenthe and we were treated very badly by the dippy reception lady. I called up and complained. Later I got a call and a letter from the lady that owns the place and she sent a $50 gift certificate which I used the next year. The French bakery and restaurant on the same side of the road but back over the hill toward the state lodge is very good. Also, one of the secret jewels of that area is the Pfeiffer-Big Sur Beach which is hard to find even when the road is open but a virtual cathedral by the sea.

J MacP

1987 300D

Reply to
john macpherson

As for the little town accross from San Fran calle Sauce Little or whatever, it has been a tourist trap for as long as I can remember. However the locals do not pay the prices you quote..... perhaps they buy at different places???

Bob B

MCBRUE wrote:

Reply to
bobb