biodiesel

I've been using 100 0/0 biodiesel in my '82 300SD and '97 300E. I cannot tell any change in performance outher than decline of black exhaust. I've only run a few tanks. Are there any known or suspected problems with onging use of biodiesel?

Reply to
Joel Johnson

Bio100 (vs. Bio20) will dissolve all the old deposits in the fuel system so you may soon need to replace the fuel filters.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

Where do you get bio diesel?

.
Reply to
greek_philosophizer

Reply to
Joel Johnson

Nice link, thanks.

If I every get that diesel I will definitely consider going B100 if its not too far.

.
Reply to
greek_philosophizer

Make your own. A father of a friend of my brother just lets the dirty used cooking oil sit around for a while and settle and then puts it into his TDI, works great, saves thousands per year.

For myself, I'm going to build a processor so I can have real biodiesel

cp

Reply to
cp

It will dissolve slowly certain gaskets and hoses because the car is old and their materials have a low resistance to the biodiesel. I have yet to find a list of the items.

jj

Reply to
JollyJoe