Biodiesel and my W124?

Hi I would like to start making Bio-Diesel out of WVO and run my 1991 W124 300TDT on bio. First off is anyone from this group doing this with this car? (it is the 6cyl Turbo engine). If so, what modifications were necessary? Further what issues does one need to look out for? I understand that new fuel lines may be in order and a few filter changes, are these the only issues? Is this advisable or should I stick with the Dino diesel?

Cheers

Reply to
Ruddy Duck

If you're going to actually be making biodiesel, in a reactor with lye and that whole deal, then you don't need to make any changes necessarily, although you'll want to watch the filters and fuel lines and change 'em when they start looking "bad".

If you're just talking about dumping filtered WVO into your tank, then there's more to discuss and it comes up frequently enough that a search of this group with Google Groups will yield interesting info.

To start:

Good luck,

-tom!

Reply to
Tom Plunket

Yes the plan is to make it using Methanol and Lye reacting the mixture in an appleseed reactor as per:

Ruddy Duck

Go for it! Like Tom P. says keep an eye on the fuel filters since the biodiesel is a great solvent which loosens up everything that has gotten stuck in both your tank and fuel lines. Did the same with filtered WVO mixed with kerosene, gasoline and some additives and it works great. Cheap too.

Reply to
Ernesto