Blower intermittent

Pls help, I have an '88 300E that for some reason the blower motor will either work, or not. I press the button for either heat or A/C and I get nothing, other times it works. How do I trouble-shoot this? Thanks
Greg
It might be three things...
1. The fuse... take it out and inspect it... or throw it away. and put in a new one.
2. Ignition switch... when it doesn't work... try turning your key back just a bit... but before it shuts your engine off... while you are at stand still of course.
3. Blower motor itself is bad... give your passenger side knee level panel a kick to see if it comes on... if so, it it definitely the motor that is bad.