BLower Motor Control in 107's

Does anybody know what controls the blower motor speed in the 107? Mine is only running at one speed. I thought it was the regulator attached to the firewall just to left of the blower motor. However,
when I discoonected the multi-wired plug on the regulator, the blower kept running, until I disconnected the multi-wired plug behind the servo. Does anybody happen to know what the voltages on this plug should be at high and low speed settings, and/or how the regulator and/or servo figures into the mix? I could use some help!
Thanks
Your car has the Chrysler designed climate control system. It's controlled by a small logic board called the "amplifier"; the "servo" is the valve body for the heater, the vacuum flaps and, I believe the blower speed too. The amplifier in 123 and 116 models is located behind the glove box, I don't know about the 107.
If you determine that major repair is necessary you should take a look at the Digital Climate Control Retrofit Kit sold by performanceproducts.com. I just installed one last Friday.
Additional thought: I wrote (about servo's functions)
I believe the blower speed too. ( based on the input from the amplifier as to cabin temperature's deviation from selector setting - the farther away the higher the blower speed).
Thanks for the info. When everything was working fine, I think the blower speed only changed in response to the Auto- Lo and Auto-Hi button in the A;C section of the control panel, not to the cabin temperature. And I tried replacing the amplifier with two used ones someone gave me, but the blower motor speed didn't change All three could have the same problem, but it would be hard to believe. Where is the cabin temperature sensor and how can I see if that's working?
Thanks again
On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 11:47:10 -0700, "T.G. Lambach"

The digital kit's installation instructions mention that its located in the center of the 107 dash.
The outside and inside sensors make a chain whose continuity can be checked - but I can't tell you where to check it on the servo based system. M-B has a tester for that system and their trouble shooting chart refers to that tester.
If your complaint is a single blower speed while on AUTO the choices seem to be blower's resistance - but then it would have only a single speed at all times - the amplifier, or the cursed servo.
On the other hand, if it works well enough to keep you warm or cool - just keep driving until it quits!

I've been waiting for you to report on the one you were going to install on your car. How difficult was the installation, and doesn;t the price seem high for what's in that kit?
Come back ---