Blowing dash lights fuse?

I recently added an XM satellite receiver to a '82 300SD. All the wiring, except for the ground wire, connected to the wiring on the Becker radio head. All works fine...UNTIL I turn on the headlights. The radio/XM still
works but the dash lights don't. On further checking, I realize every time I turn on the headlights, the fuse for the dash lights blows. Any leads or suggestions? Could a poor ground be the problem?
Not likely a grounding issue. See if headlight bulb has short by unplugging headlights and testing with new fuse. I wonder if one of the wires from radio was dash panel light power?
-Kent
Forget the headlight bulb thing, that does not make sense after re-reading your post.
one wire to the radio is used for illumination when the headlights are turned on. This will be shorted to ground, and causing the dash light fuse to blow.

I agree with Ziggy.