Blowing fuses

Hi
Have a 190 D 2.5 Automatic
I have 2 problems hope some one can give me a hint on following:
1. Fuse no.: 1 blows after a few minutes and up to 20 minutes. I have taken
off the leads to the air blower and it wasnt that, is there a electric switch in the Automatic gear box who can blow the fuse?
2. The shifting between the gears can be very hard, dosnt change smoothly, is the shifting done by electric or air ?
The car has 190K Km (115K miles)on the tacho
Thanks in advance
Per Bekker-Madsen, Denmark

Is the fuse of the right amp.?

Neither I believe. Done mechanically. The Dexron III oil makes the shift smooth so maybe add more oil.

Hi
Yes its a 25 Amp fuse.
Per

smoothly,
Make sure it is the right fuse for that slot... check your fuse list for the amp rating.
If shifting is harsh, I suggest you start by flushing your tranny fluid three times... and then replace the filter by the third time.

Thanks will try that
Per
Have you had any recent work done that would cause the fuse to blow? Radio installed, body work, bumper hitch? I had a Mercedes repaired after it was rear-ended, and the body shop guys bolted the bumper over a main wiring cable. They then replaced the fuse with a higher amp one, in a stupid attempt to cover the problem. Could have killed me--I lost my lights and signals driving home in the dark. I spent ten hours finding the problem myself, since I didn't trust them to do it right. @#%$^&* Another body shop had previously done the same thing installing tail lights on my other car. Some of these guys graduate from medical school. Watch out for them.