Blue Glass?

What's up with the Blue Glass... I noticed it on some E & C class cars, but the dealer never mentioned it to me when I was buying my E class. I had an
up close look at a C today in a parking lot that had it, and the markings said "Solextra" or something... not the usual Sigla or Sekurit (which I still don't know the difference between either...) so if anyone would care to enlighten me as to all these different glass types, I would be most grateful.
Thanks!
I don't know what the blue glass does and I am curious, too. However, the dealer told me that it is available only on Sport Trim models. Ricky

Avantgarde version.
Saw it (ref to blue glass) on German website but could not see it on the UK one, but I know it is (or was) available. The tinted glass reduces heat ingress, supposedly.
I took opportunity of looking at MBUSA in more detail for first time. I could not find the Elegance & Avantgarde option packages offered elsewhere. Either I missed them or they do not exist.
DAS

Yeah, we have them, but they're called the 'Premium' and 'Sport' packages.
If you look at the Premium package specs for the C-class, there's a listing for "Blue Glass" but I can't seem to find any further mention or explanation.

The 2005 CLK500 Coupe Engaging. Unique pillarless hardtop design, black grille with four chrome ribs, AMG-design sculpted front air dam, side skirts and rear apron, chrome exhaust finisher and blue-tinted glass. $54,470.00* 5.0L 24-valve V-8 engine 302 hp @ 5,600 rpm
http://www.mbusa.com/brand/container.jsp?/models/class_overview.jsp&modelCode=clk_class_main

In Europe the E-class comes in three different lines, classic, elegance and avantgarde. Classic and elegance have green glass, avantgarde blue, there are some other differences too, e.g., the avantgarde is lowered 18 mm or so unless it has Airmatic. Panels are in maple, etc. Check out http://www2.mercedes-benz.co.uk/content/unitedkingdom/mpc/mpc_unitedkingdom_website/en/home_mpc.html
Per
On the UK site I could not only find a mention of tinted glass, not its colour (did not download the pdf brochure, however), though I do know it's blue for Avantgarde and green for Elegance. The German website is more explicit, as I mentioned in my previous post.
When I bought my car (from a German dealer) in 2001 (ordered 2000) I had considered Avantgarde because of the blue glass, but I preferred the Elegance interior, so selected that.
I did not think that Avantgarde includes lowered suspension without sports package.
Package details vary across Europe, I think.
DAS

Yes, walnut is nice, on the other hand, I like the white bottom in the instruments and the xenon lights of the avantgarde.

I believe it is standard on the E-class avangarde, have no idea about the C-class, we got a 2004 E500T and it comes with Airmatic (variable suspension).
Per
Per
IIRC I obtained Xenon lights as an optional extra.
You may have received some items 'included' because you selected a 500 model and/or yours is 2004, by which time the package details may have changed.
If I had bought the then available CLK 430 Cab it would have come with a few more 'standard' features than my 320.
DAS