bluetooth 93 sl500

proud new owner 93 sl500 I noticed what appears to be an rca jack in the glove compartment, the car has no phone mbz dealer without really checking much quoted approx 3,000 to install mbz phone. obviously out of the question. I would like to use my phone latest bluetooth digital motorola i880 but i wondered if there is a device to integrate it into the car sound system which has buttons on steering wheel command center etc for phone . I dont want anyone messing with the innards of my dash or making any holes anywhere. but I would like as much functionality as possible perhaps motorokr 505 or similar fm transmiting blue tooth device is the best answer. Does anyone have experience or thoughts on this issue which must affect 1000s of californians?

Reply to
ray baddour

ray baddour ha scritto:

Most probably the rca jack is the plug to connect the electronic tester, to check anti-pollution system memory for errors. If you want more info on this matter you might want to use a search engine using "OBD" (which means On Board Diagnostics) or "obd2" as search keys. I wouldn't suggest to play with this plug if you're not exactly aware of what you're doing.

To use a mobile phone in the car, there's plenty of after market kits, even from Motorola. They don't integrate in a such sofisticated manner, but you can't have a 3.000 $ functionality on a 500 $ package... :-)

Reply to
Cordy

Easiest way to get Bluetooth feature on your car is getting a bluetooth GPS... this way, you also got a GPS to use too. Garmin Nuvi is great choice.

Reply to
Tiger