Bluetooth GPS in C Class

I am half thinking of getting an aftermarket satnav for my current model C Class. Looking at the HP TomTom PDA based system. The Bluetooth version has a remote GPS unit and the least intrusive place to locate it
appears to be the rear parcel shelf. Has anyone a similar installation & will the 'high metal content glass' and rear screen demister grid affect reception?
Any comments or recommendations gratefully received.
Neil C220 CDI, UK
On Thu, 3 Jun 2004 10:04:34 +0100, Neil Lawson

Dunno about the rear glass but the front glass on my C320 wagon does not prevent excellent reception on my GPS with the antenna on the forward portion of the deck speaker/vent grille. E-ZPass antenna's fine, too.
Kal
On Thu, 3 Jun 2004 10:04:34 +0100, Neil Lawson

site link in the thread. My BT connection works well just sitting on the front dashboard. I am using an HP BT GPS unit and Pocket Map software with IPAQ 2210. Works great!
http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadidp602
Jack
Hi,
I am using TomTom V2.24 with a fortuna GPS Bluetooth GPS and this is working fine, I have used it on the rear parcel shelf and the front dash. I prefer the dash as it is easier to get at to switch it on and off.
Regards
Tom

Thanks to all, nice picture, Jack. I had thought of the rear shelf to be less cluttered. I'll get it and see which looks best.