BMW Security Screws....

Hello all,

There are two screws that hold the mass air flow sensor into the housing on my 96 E320, I thought they were standard tamper proof torx screws, but there not. Does anyone know what kind of screws these are and the head size?

Thanks, Martin.

Reply to
Martin S.

BMW E style or Merc E 320..?...

;-) DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Brain fart!! Merc E320...

Reply to
Martin S.

I think it is Torx #20 but could be wrong. One thing is that you need the security type of Torx head or whatever it is called. These have a hollowed out center in the Torx driver. Home Depot and Lowes do not have them. I bought a set like this:

You may have to reconstruct the link. I bought mine at Ace hardware for $13 because I didn't want to wait for shipping. You need a screwdriver-like handle with the socket end at the tip. Most likely you have one but if you don't you can pick up a cheap one at Ace for $2.

Doug

Reply to
-