BMW Security Screws....

Hello all,
There are two screws that hold the mass air flow sensor into the housing on my 96 E320, I thought they were standard tamper proof torx screws, but there
not. Does anyone know what kind of screws these are and the head size?
Thanks, Martin.
BMW E style or Merc E 320..?...
;-) DAS
"Martin S." < snipped-for-privacy@dslextreme.com> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...
Brain fart!! Merc E320...

I think it is Torx #20 but could be wrong. One thing is that you need the security type of Torx head or whatever it is called. These have a hollowed out center in the Torx driver. Home Depot and Lowes do not have them. I bought a set like this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/33pc-Security-Bit-Set-w-case-Phillips-Torx-More_W0QQitemZ300047889900QQihZ020QQcategoryZ303QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
You may have to reconstruct the link. I bought mine at Ace hardware for $13 because I didn't want to wait for shipping. You need a screwdriver-like handle with the socket end at the tip. Most likely you have one but if you don't you can pick up a cheap one at Ace for $2.
Doug