Bose in R230

I recently bought a new SL (model R230) with Bose speakers option. Is anyone else not satisfied with the sound or could something not be installed correct in my car ?
Or is this a general issue ? I think the sound is lacking warmth & deepness, low tones seem really cut off and not really up to what someone could expect from Bose. If this is really what Bose is supposed to sound in a SL, are there better alternatives ?
Thanks, Bruno