Bought a 1970 280SEL

I just bought a '70 280SEL from an acquaintance as a HS graduation present for my daughter, and I now find myself in the dubious position of taking care of it. Since she's off to college in the Fall, the car's going to be
sitting covered in our yard for nine months out of the year, apart from maybe driving it to work once or twice a month just to circulate the oil. The car has 160K miles on it.
This is my first experience with a Mercedes, I'm a reluctant mechanic and have never tried to keep a car this old running. It came with a cover, and I've bought a "garage-in-a-box" to keep it in. Plus, the gentleman who sold it to me gave me about an entire U-Haul van worth of parts - an engine, tranny, 4 doors, window glass, several body panels, an entire upholstery set, etc. - I'm guessing these were salvaged from a second vehicle.
My question is this: what habits should I get into with this vehicle regarding lube, oil changes, and any other maintenance that Merc owners take for granted but a newby like me is likely to ignore? I am afraid to take the car to Jiffy Lube for things like oil changes, since they pretty much treat every car the same and I'm guessing that this one needs special handling (17 lube points for example). Any opinions?
By the way, some photos are here:
http://home.comcast.net/~klebbaj/pix/kathbenz
On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 01:34:58 GMT,
had to open a new box of zerones to say:

The first habit to develop is to drive the car... Not just around the block but really keep the car active... You're not going to use it up by keeping it on the road but you'll kill it by letting it sit...
It looks to be in decent shape and once again, the way to keep it that way is to use it... Find a good indy mechanic and let him take care of her... She'll respond by giving you years of memories and with your bank of spare parts, few heartaches... And when your daughter graduates, buy it back from her... It's one of the best cars MB made...
<! -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- > zenit
Pretty car, I wish my father got me one of these when I was a kid. Should last for ever, there is a w108 list that you should consider joining. go to www.mbz.org and look for the 108 phorum
drive it a bit. long enough to heat every thing up say about 2 hours use all the toys the car came with.
if you live in a humid area park it in the garage with a dhumidifer and the windows part way down this will stop any mold and keep it from smelling like Gym Sox <dirty>
or if you can't put it in side get that stuff you put inside that pulls moisture out of the air.
the case, minus a few cans!
On 2005-04-26 18:34:58 -0700, "John Klebba via CarKB.com"
My question is this: what habits should I get into with this vehicle

Wow, what a lucky girl!
Why isn't she driving it to college.
Jiffy Lube should be fine. just always make sure they put the drain plug back in (heh).
Good Luck, Marty
And that they neither underfill nor overfill, and that they use a Benz filter, and that they don't overtorque the drain plug bolt and that....Jiffy Lube sucks everybody should just do their own oil.