brake diagnosis correct?

I have had a squeaky binding rear brake on my 123 280e. I just had both back wheels off. On one of them there was a lot of loose black dust and one brake pad was much more worn than the other on the same caliper. Is
this pad's piston likely to be the culprit?
tia
Antony
Probably. What else would explain the uneven pad wear?

Sticking sliding hardware....
Abnormally worn brake discs?