Brake Inspection on '98 C230

Hello Folks: I need to have a "look-see" on front brake pads. Car was bought recently and sure runs nice. I wondered if someone could give me a "heads up" before I take off a front wheel. I've always done my own brakes on American cars but this one is special to us and don't know what is hidding behind those fancy front brakes. I don't have a service manual but I am hopeful it should not be too different should new pads be needed. Any tips would be appreciated. It would be nice if I could see the "pad wear" before going further. Can I get a good look just by taking the wheel off? It looks like the anti-brake mechanism obscures a good visual. Thanks..

Larry

Reply to
Boelkowj

What's keeping you from removing a front wheel and looking at the brake caliper?

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

Thats what I'm going to do tomorrow. Just wanted to do a little homework today.. Thanks

Larry

Reply to
Boelkowj