brake light

The window-mounted brake light is out on my '97 E320 and I can't figure out where the bulb is located. It doesn't appear to be located with the other brake
light bulbs, which are located on each side of the trunk. Can anybody tell me where it's located, or is this something else I must pay the service department to do? Any help is appreciated.
I don't own an E320, but every car with a bulb lit (i.e. not LED) third brake light I have ever seen usually has a door in the trunk right under where the thrid brake light is or the dome around the third brake light can be removed from the car. Either way, your owner's manual should have instructions. Richard

I too have a 1997 E320 with the same problem. The light is located in the housing in the rear window, BUT I have only been able to get there unit PARTIALLY dismantled, just short of reaching the bulb. If anyone knows the secret I'd also like to know. By the way, anyone know the availability of the maintenance CD for this car (210 Chassis)?