Brake light

The orange brake light on the instrument panel that signifies worn front brake pads has started coming on, not full time but intermittently. I assume it's time to renew the pads. But the car is not scheduled for its
next regular maintenance until May. How long can I get away with driving with that light coming on? I would prefer to get everything don e at once.
It all depends on if you want to replace your rotors, too.
I guess its common sense....If the brake light comes on its by far time to do the brakes regardles of when the next inspection is! But then again your the one driving the automobile your the only one who knows. Regards Dan
l snipped-for-privacy@shaw.ca says...

My mechanic says you could probably run a couple of hundred miles after the light goes steady. But it's in the shop now getting new pads.
Good move - but I guess I should have asked how many miles you drive in a week. I go a couple of hundred within a week and hate to tear up rotors.
Josh
says...

Not more than a hundred most weeks. It's a city car and sits parked most of the time.
In any case, the fault proved to be the sensor and not the pads. But they were getting thin so we replaced them along with the sensor. Rotors are fine. Rear rotors had to be replaced a year ago.