Brake light question

Hi, The brake light-bulbs on my '75 280 do not fit snugly anymore, so they only are activated occassionally. Can I wrap the metal part of the bulb in a bit
of electrical tape to eliminate them rattling loose? I have tried to prise the contact out but it does not seem to improve the situation... Thank you, J.