Brake pad longevity

Has anyone experienced a rather short lifespan of their front brake pads? Two years and 20K miles ago I replaced the front pads (using MB pads) on my wife's '95 E320 wagon. The old pads had around 40K miles on them. Now with

20K these new pads already need replacement. The rotors look good and the hydraulics seem to be working correctly. Granted she does a lot of stop-and-go driving, but this is the least amount of miles we've ever gotten on brake pads. I've heard that MB has been using softer material lately to reduce brake squeal, but I'm not sure if this pure fiction.
Reply to
Josh

MB pads do wear out fast. I personally prefer PBR MetalMaster... they last forever... I would estimate about 60,000+ miles in suburban driving. This pad cost only about 1/3 of that MB ask for their pads.

If you want better than OEM pad, then I suggest you try the Ceramic pad... PBR Ultimate... I got these on my car now... Stops very quietly and far better than OEM. They are fairly clean pads... won't cake your wheel black in 2 days like OEM... To get to that level, you probably need about 1 month driving.

PBR MetalMaster is dustless... literally. It take a bit more effort to stop the car with MetalMaster, but the stopping is incredible... zero fading and excelent modulating control. Noiser, but no squeal... it would sound like a miniature version of airplane braking after it land.

You can't go wrong with either pads. My current car has Ultimate in front and MetalMaster in rear... they didn't have Ultimate for the rear at the time of my order.

Reply to
Tiger