brakes squeak (especially when turning right)

The brakes squeak when just driving along normally on my 1984 280e when the car is going either straight ahead or (even slightly) to the right? The car stops OK and there isn't a squeal on stopping - in fact the squeak stops altogether when you depress the pedal.

Anyone any ideas on why I'm getting this background squeak?

tia

Antony

Reply to
antony.adshead

Inspect your brake pads. This the normal sign of a "squealer" telling you that your brake pads have had enough and need to be replaced.

Marty

Reply to
Martin Joseph

Check also for loose front wheel bearings, if they are loose the brakedisc is also loose and especially when you turn the disc come in contact with the pads, but when you brake the squeak stops. I can bet my old underwear this is your problem. Rolf

Reply to
Roffe Berg