Brave new world .....order

Operator: "Well, you checked out 'Gourmet Soybean Recipes'

from your local library last week, sir. That's why I made the

suggestion."

Customer: "All right, all right. Give me two family-sized ones, then."

Operator: "That should be plenty for you, your wife and your

four kids, sir. Your total is $49.99."

Customer: "Lemme give you my credit card number."

Operator: "I'm sorry sir, but I'm afraid you'll have to pay in cash.

Your credit card balance is over its limit."

Customer: "I'll run over to the ATM and get some cash before your

driver gets here."

Operator: "That won't work either, sir. Your checking account's

overdrawn."

Customer: "Never mind. Just send the pizzas. I'll have the cash

ready. How long will it take?"

Operator: "We're running a little behind, sir. It'll be about 45

minutes, sir. If you're in a hurry you might want to pick 'em up

while you're out getting the cash. Will you drive your leased E class MB"

Customer: "How the heck do you know I have an E class?"

Operator: "It says here you're in arrears on your car payments,

so your car will be repo'ed. The repo company has had your TeleAid

turned on to track the car. So we know where it is. We can help you

if you get lost.

Customer: "@#%/$@&?#!"

Operator: "I'd advise watching your language, sir. You've already

got a July 2005 conviction for cussing out a cop."

Customer: (Speechless)

Operator: "Will there be anything else, sir?"

Customer: "Yes, I have a coupon for a free 2 liter of Coke".

Operator: "I'm sorry sir, but our ad's exclusionary clause prevents

us from offering free soda to diabetics."

Reply to
bobb2

Ordering Pizza in 2006

Operator: "Thank you for calling Pizza Hut. May I have your

national ID number?"

Customer: "Hi, I'd like to place an order."

Operator: "May I have your NIDN first, sir?"

Customer: "My National ID Number, yeah, hold on, eh, it's

6102049998-45-4610."

Operator: "Thank you, Mr. Sheehan. I see you live at 1742

Meadowland Drive, and the phone number's 494-2366. Your

office number over atLincolnInsurance is 745-2302 and your

cell number's 266-2566. Which number are you calling from, sir?"

Customer: "Huh? I'm at home. Where d'ya get all this information?"

Operator: "We're wired into the system, sir."

Customer: (Sighs) "Oh, well, I'd like a couple of your All-Meat

Special pizzas."

Operator: "I don't think that's a good idea, sir."

Customer: "Whaddya mean?"

Operator: "Sir, your medical records indicate that you've got

very high blood pressure and extremely high cholesterol. Your

National Health Care provider won't allow such an unhealthy

choice."

Customer: "Darn. What do you recommend, then?"

Reply to
bobb2