Broken speedometer stop

This seems like a sill question but I want my car ('85 300sd) to be perfect in any way it can :-)
The speedometer needle works but hangs at the bottom
when the car is idle. Any idea where the stop is? Is it inside the entire instrument and gauge module? I can't seem to see it on the outside holding the needle
Thanks in advance for any help