"bubbles" in new 85 SL rag top

Just had a new rag top put on my 85 380 SL. It kind of bubbles in the front and doesntlay flat. Of course the guy that installed it said it wasnt cut properly at the
factory. ( I got a Sonnedeck top ) Is he BS'n me? Can it be made tighter without affecting the integrity of the top? Can he reglue it without wrecking it?