bulb warning light coming on but bulbs seem to be fine!!!

Hi - I have a P reg. c180 estate and the bulb warning light has came on. it seems to come on when i hit the brakes. I have checked the brake lights and they are coming on and so is the high level break
light. I have also checked all of the other lights and they seem to be working fine. Can anyone advise what they think might be the problem?
thanks :( :(
They may seem fine to the naked eye, but it's possible that the resistance in one bulb is out of spec. Sometimes if it is dark and you have a friend press the brake pedal you might see that one bulb is just slightly brighter than the other. Regardless, it's pretty simple to get a couple of replacement bulbs and swap them out. Hopefully that will fix it.
Josh

http://www.autoforumz.com/Mercedes-Benz-bulb-warning-light-coming-bulbs-fine-ftopict127554.html
"rowy" wrote: > Hi - I have a P reg. c180 estate and the bulb warning light > has came on. it seems to come on when i hit the brakes. I have > checked the brake lights and they are coming on and so is the > high level break light. I have also checked all of the other > lights and they seem to be working fine. Can anyone advise > what they think might be the problem? > > thanks :( :(
Rowy.... If any bulb on the car has the incorrect resistance spec, the bulb out indicator will glow. Get over to a Benz dealer and for about 10 bucks you can change all the bulbs in both tail lenses. Dont forget to also change the license plate illumination bulbs as a pair too...... Had the same problem with my wagon, and the new benz bulbs cured it. Dont even think of experimenting with after market bulbs, you could do irrepairable damage to other devices such as the cruise control etc.... dave.....
1993 300TE 4 Matic 181,600

completely insane. You can go to the nearest autoparts store and get them there. They are just as good.

light bulb...
Actually in several cases I have resolved this type of issue, by just going to ever bulb and pulling it and cleaning the socket and reinstalling it. A slightly loose or dirty bulb will cause this exact issue.
Marty