Buying a California MB

I'm looking at buying a 99 C280 from California to be shipped to NJ. Are there any performance-killing emissions control systems on the California version that I should be aware of? If so, is there anything
that can be done to remove them and bring it to the more lenient NJ emission requirements?
Thanks in advance!
It'll be very laid back, EASIng into the day, when you start up in the morning.
DAS From Further Out Than Back East
On Sun, 16 May 2004 10:42:26 +0100, "Dori A Schmetterling"

Huh? What do you mean?
I was exercising my prejudices (fuelled by a statistically invalid single example) about Californians, who have a laid-back lifestyle and ease into the day...
Geddit? ;-) DAS
...and think the people on the East Coast rush around like 'blue-arsed flies'...
DAS
On Mon, 17 May 2004 10:50:14 +0100, "Dori A Schmetterling"

Ah, well, you know. Some might say that's what we do best.
I believe these are 50 state cars, nothing special for CA. Check the MBUSA site under "Prior Models" and see if the HP differs at all.

In 1985 the 300SD did have a FEDERAL version and a California version. The air cleaner for the CA version was a large pot shaped affair the Federal version had more of a doughnut configuration. Don't know about other years. wolf

http://skinnerbox.steaky.org/123_DISK2/program/Chassis/00-040.pdf
Look at this web site at the bottom just below "air filer" and you will see the FED vs CA reference. wolf