Buying a Used C230 - what to look out for?

Hi all!
I am considering buying a used MB, with less than 50K miles on it. My budget: under $25,000, ideally a 4 door sedan.
Right now I am considering a 2004 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C230
Kompressor with 45,000 miles on it. Let me note that I have never owned a german car before, and that this would be my first MB.
Is C-class a good way to start owning a MB?
Any other major things I should watch out for when shopping for a new BMW?
Thanks!
Use edmunds.com to guide you for price range.
Shop hard and get what you want.
Buy extended warranty from reliable dealer like MB or AAA if available. Starmarked cars are only sold by MB dealer so make a deal with them and get bumper to bumper coverage.
If buying from independent, ask if it is okay to let MB dealer look over the car... you have to make appointment with dealer on this regard. Same goes for private owner.
As for new BMW... get extended warranty... they are worth every penny. Buy all options you want... don't skimp.
the last two cars I bought have been one owner mercedes...both were c class...both were fine cars, 1998 C230 and my current 2005 C340 awd. When I bought the car, it had about 14000 miles on the odometer, today it has double that. I negotiated an extended warranty for 5 years or 100,000 miles, so at present I am covererd through 2009. The warranty will probably expire before I reach 100,000 miles...but, who knows. So far, there have been no warranty claims, only routine maitanence Type A and B through independent mechanics with whom I have been doing business for many years before buying my first MB. Bottom line, do some careful shopping, establish your price, using edmunds or kelly blue book, and negotiate hard. dealers are hungry for deals. btw, I also got a 2.9% interest rate, better than any conventional financing.
Sherm

Some 2002's had some issues with front end noise (bushings); if the car makes 'sproingy' noises when going over a small bump at low speed with the wheel turned (ie, bump at the end of a driveway), this is probably what it needs.
-hh
You VILL learn German to talk to you car and read the instructions, which are only in German.
You VILL visit Stuttgart (or South Africa for C Class) every year to pay homage to the factory where your precious, cherished object was made...
DAS
"RUSDC" < snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@w5g2000hsg.googlegroups.com...