buzzing coming from vicinity of rear axle of '82 380SL, HUH ?

Just as I drove into the garage last night, said buzzing commenced.
What device is near the rear axle of this car that would cause this ?
How much do they cost and how difficult is to replace/repair, please ?
Appreciatively,
--
Courtney Thomas
s/v Mutiny
T.G. Lambach wrote:

--
Courtney Thomas
s/v Mutiny
T.G. Lambach wrote:

--
Courtney Thomas
s/v Mutiny

Why? Which one came with the car new ? Somewhere i the back of my head I had a recollection of piermonts being better pumps. No?