c 220 ignition lock help

Suddenly last sunday from my -94 c-type 220 Diesel (202) , two of the four keys did't fit to ignition lock anymore .. I spayed the lock with gun oil and i had troubles to fit the last two working keys into lock
... Luckyly keys started to work after half an our retrying ... The proplem seems to be that when i take the key out of the lock the streering lock does not bunch out everytime ... How to remove the lock , to take a better look whats wrong with the steering lock ??? Could the steering lock return spring be broken ??? Any other suggestions how to fix the lock ..
bet you need a new tumbler and if its like any thing like an old s class you best hurry cause its no GM pop & go ignition!
c 220 ignition lock help Suddenly last sunday from my -94 c-type 220 Diesel (202) , two of the four keys did't fit to ignition lock anymore .. I spayed the lock with gun oil and i had troubles to fit the last two working keys into lock .. Luckyly keys started to work after half an our retrying ... The proplem seems to be that when i take the key out of the lock the streering lock does not bunch out everytime ... How to remove the lock , to take a better look whats wrong with the steering lock ??? Could the steering lock return spring be broken ??? Any other suggestions how to fix the lock ..
the case, minus a few cans!
I had this happen on two of our E-class cars. Could be that your lock is going out. Probably the newer keys were working better than the worn ones?
If it is the lock mechanism, replace it before it jams up again. The lock comes right out if the key is working - it has to be cut out otherwise.
I was told that worn keys contribute to premature lock wear - so use the best key you have.
Scott D

Yep ... newer keys are working better ... After few days lock is working fine except sometimes the steering lock doesn't go off . If i push the ignition lock after taking the key off , the steering lock releases ... Is it easy to make the special tool for taking the lock of ????
mine if you turn the wheel counter clockwise it takes the stress off the lock.
if this does now work and it still jams a bit i would bet its going to fail <and at the worst location>
carry cab money or change the system now!
82 300SD
case
the case, minus a few cans!