C Class coupe discontinued in US?

Today, as I was trying to find out what a brakepad replacement would cost on my C230K SportCoupe, I noticed that the C Class coupe does not appear on the MBUSA website any longer.
The C Coupe has actually been fairly popular in my neck of the woods, so I'm surprised to see MBUSA dropping the car. This must be a side-effect of all the cost-cutting going on at DaimlerChrysler.
Will it still be availabe in Europe?
--Paul ** Note "removemunged" in email address and remove to reply. **
Yes.
http://www2.mercedes-benz.co.uk/content/unitedkingdom/mpc/mpc_unitedkingdom_website/en/home_mpc/passenger_cars/home/products/new_cars/dcuk_verccoupe.html
http://www.mercedes-benz.de/content/germany/mpc/mpc_germany_website/de/home_mpc/passenger_cars/home/products/new_cars/c_class_sportscoupe_facelift.html
DAS
"Paul Wylie" < snipped-for-privacy@teamwylie.removemunged.org> wrote in message
news:d17736$h2i$ snipped-for-privacy@reader1.panix.com...
The hatchback coupe was not a great seller and Mercedes was going to use the B-Class hatchback as the new "entry level" Mercedes, but due to the Dollar/Euro rates, it won't be sold in the US since it can't be priced to make money.
Paul Wylie wrote:

Trust me, it has nothing to do with cost-cutting and everything to do with demand. I'm not sure where your neck of the woods is, but for the rest of the country, dealers can't hardly give them away. Most people either don't like the shape or simply prefer to have four doors. Also, many of them were ordered by dealers as price-leaders, lacking a lot of the "luxury" items buyers expect in a Mercedes-Benz.
Personally, I find this to be a shame. The car is a lot of fun to drive and is actually quite roomy for a coupe. The rear hatch and fold-down seats make it very versatile, and the panorama roof makes it seem very open and bright inside. Probably my only complaint was the design and placement of the manual seat controls (which of course weren't an issue if it had the electric/memory seat option).
--

- RODNEY