C Class heater

I know there have been some previous posts on this subject but most seem to refer to older models.
I have just bought a 1999 C Class 220cdi estate. The heater blower switch
doesn't want to work when the car is started from cold. After a few miles I can sometime get it to work by either
a) switching the engine off and on again or,
b) pushing and pulling on the switch itself or,
c) a light tap on the dashboard.
Sometimes it will start by itself after a few miles.
The problem is the methods described above could point to either a faulty blower switch, faulty blower motor or some sort of electrical fault.
Any suggestions about how I should proceed and how to get to the switch and motor without trashing the dashboard.
Many Thanks,
It could be your ignition switch... Try wiggling your key back without shutting the engine off... see if the climate control works. If it does, you need to change out the ignition switch.

Electronic key on a 1999...
Doh! Didn't realize.

You can access the blower motor from the passenger footwell, it's under a panel and easy to get at.
It could be the bushes in the motor, or the resistor pack?
Thanks, I see the panel. I'll whip it out at the weekend and take a look. Sod's Law 'cos today it has worked all day without a hitch. It is probably waiting until a frosty morning before packing up again ;-)
Incidentally is the resister pack attached to the motor?

switch
miles
faulty
Well i nearly got the blower motor out today. I undone the torx screws and the blower motor was loose but would not drop down. Felt like it was held in place by wiring or something but I couldn't get to see what was holding it in position. Is this just me being thick and should I have given it a tug?

seem
switch