C class Speedo + Temp gauges

Hi all, I have a C 180 and recently the speedometer and temp gauges have started working intermittently, they done seem to work in the morning until I have driven for about 10 to 15 minutes. I have been
told that it could be a chip in the clocks in the dash, does anyone have any ideas of what it could be or where I can get a second hand set of clocks in the uk ?
Thanks in advance of any replies.