C-Class wierd Electric Window Problem Help please!!

Hi, just new. Any advice much appreciated Rear nearside electric window stopped working months ago. Didnt bother
about it. However a week ago the drivers window and door mirror stopped working. A day or so later the front passenger window and door mirror also ceased to function. Rear offside has always been fine. I disconnected the rear nearside motor to see if that was kicking out the whole system but that did not work. I then disconnected/reconnected the neg battery terminal and Lo and Behold all windows and door mirrors, apart form the disconnected one, started working again!! BUT, later on same day, drivers window and door mirror broken again. How does this system work? Is there perhaps a control unit or relay that is reset by the power off/on or are all the electrical gubbins part of the motors? The windows do have a position memory function as you have to reset that with the buttons after a battery disconnect. Dont know which component provides that function. Any ideas?