C Class Windscreen Wiper Problem

Our 1996 Mercedes C 250 single arm wiper has intermittently over 4 years operated with difficulty. It struggles, almost stalls at two points across the windscreen - appear to coincide when the blade arm performs its cunning extention and withtraction trick.

If it were possible to dismantle to give something a drop of oil or smear of grease I imagine it would greatly relieve the problem. This problem is causing electrical load problems as I noted the steering wheel control stick was getting hot as well. Could it be a loose electrical connection causing the problem with nothing mechanically wrong with the wiper arm system? I understand the latter rarely give problems.

Any experience with this one greatly appreciated - thanks.

Reply to
Rangiawhia

Yes, you need to get the wiper in middle position by flicking your ignition on and off. Pull off the cover and clean up the grease and relube it with grease... Should solve the problem.

Reply to
Tiger

Many,many thanks Tiger. This weekend the job will be done. Without some vital advice at the right time us amateur mechanics can create a bigger problem!

Reply to
Rangiawhia

You reminded me that I need to do the same thing to my car... It kinda wipes a bit slow too.

Reply to
Tiger

Read this:

-