c180 1994 immobiliser

Hi my immobiliser keys stop working today checked batteries in both handsets and they were fine. Checked for signal output on keyfob tester, and both keys sending out signal .This leads me a problem with control module on veh. I have been told that the immobiliser can be by-passed by running a bridge between red with yellow tracer ignition supply and black with purple tracer output from immob module to ecu loom located under nearside footwell.My question has anyone had the immobiliser by-passed before and was it successful.

Reply to
dratwal