C180 Central Locking

Hi,
I have 1996 Model C180. Both my keys no longer trigger the central locking/Alarm and I have to manually unlock the doors. Does anyone know of a way to reset the keys to the car frequency or do I have to take
them to a Merc Dealer. (E.g. apparently with Audi you put the key in the ignition, turn on and hold button down for 10 secs)
Any help gratefully received.
Paul
| Hi, | | I have 1996 Model C180. Both my keys no longer trigger the central | locking/Alarm and I have to manually unlock the doors. Does anyone know | of a way to reset the keys to the car frequency or do I have to take | them to a Merc Dealer. | (E.g. apparently with Audi you put the key in the ignition, turn on and | hold button down for 10 secs) | | Any help gratefully received. | | Paul
Get into the car, and aim the remote control at the receiver on the mirror. Press the button breifly twice.Put the key in the ignition switch and turn to position two within thirty seconds. (Owners manual p39)
Stratman wrote:

Many many thanks!!!! Worked great for one key - other is probably a battery issue!
Car was German import so instructions not so helpful!! (Section 'Schliessanlage synchronisieren' p35!)
Thanks again
Paul
Change the batteries and push the tab in the direction where it would hold the battery tighter... my mom got the same problem... erratic remote operation... I found out that the battery are not being held tight so that is why it is funky...
I basically bend the metal tab that holds the battery inward (without the battery in place) and when I put new batteries in, it held super tight.... no problem afterward.

thanks Got correct answer from Stratman.