C180 interior heater - low heat output

Anyone have a "work around" that can trick the interior heater electronics into thinking that the interior is colder than it appears so that it pumps
more heat to the interior ? The problem is a lack of heat to the front footwells. Unplugging the electrics to the two underbonnet solenoids produces stunning heat (as both solenoids default to fully open) but immediately electrical connection remade the system turns the heat down - even with both thumbwheel controllers rotated to maximum heat position. My initial thought was to try to physically move the footwell temperature sensors to a diferent location, but they are extremely difficult to get at (at 63 I'm no longer agile enough to clamber around footwells !). The "workshop manual" available here in the UK from Hynes Books gives absolutely no information about the electronic logic used in the interior temperature controller - neatly passing the buck to MB. Anyone any suggestions ? Thanks, Ron (Northern Ireland)