C180 Petrol Gauge

Wonder if anyone could explain my problem? When I fill up with petrol I always fill to max and let it go down to about a quarter mark before a refill.
The last 3 occasions I filled up to max and the petrol gauge shows empty or empty with reserve light on. After a couple of days all is then ok, approx 40miles travel. Can anyone explain this?
What do you think of BP Ultimate.
Regards and tia Michael
UK C180 1997.
In what context? For your C180? Waste of money. But harmless.
Try it. And report back... Maybe it allows you to accrue points faster on your Nectar card because of the higher price.
I thought of Shell Optimax and its promises.
Who knows? I don't use. (I have a CLK 320.) DAS
"Michael" < snipped-for-privacy@partridge24.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
news:dsnht7$fcd$ snipped-for-privacy@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk...