C180 wiper problem

Every so often my wiper comes on even though it is set to off, sometimes for several sweeps. I can sometimes stop it by turning the wiper to on then off again. Any ideas?

Thanks Col

Reply to
Col

I had this happen when I had a defective (worn out) tach amp. Apparanly it's a bad ground.

Got any aftermarket electronic stuff installed?

What *might* work is pulling fuses one at a time and driving around for a couple of days that way. Yes some things will be crippled but you may be able to narrow down which branch of the electrical system is doing this do you.

Reply to
Richard Sexton

It could be bad signal stalk... so clicking off/on the signal stalk triggers the wiper.

Reply to
Tiger