C220 cdi oil filter location!!

I've owned a C220 CDI for about three months, I have decided to change the oil. I have never worked on a Mercedes before. Firstly is synthetic oil best?? I've located the drain plug no problem, but I can't locate the oil filter? Any help would be gratefully received.

Reply to
dewar.g

It's under the black cap.

Reply to
the guvnor

Cool! Which one?

Reply to
dewar.g

Well if it's like the gas-powered engines it is along the firewall, almost center. The canister is opened from the top - it is not like the screw-on units common in American and Japanese cars.

Reply to
Josh

Must be different! There is nothing that even resembles a oil filter or holder. Thanks anyway. I will take it to garage.

Reply to
dewar.g