C220 cdi oil filter location!!

I've owned a C220 CDI for about three months, I have decided to change the oil. I have never worked on a Mercedes before. Firstly is synthetic oil best??
I've located the drain plug no problem, but I can't locate the oil filter? Any help would be gratefully received.

It's under the black cap.
Cool! Which one?

Well if it's like the gas-powered engines it is along the firewall, almost center. The canister is opened from the top - it is not like the screw-on units common in American and Japanese cars.

Must be different! There is nothing that even resembles a oil filter or holder. Thanks anyway. I will take it to garage.